Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DIY Double-Piercing Chain Earring



I'm pretty sure this is the quickest, easiest, cheapest, and least complicated DIY I've ever done. So easy, it makes me want to make 100 more of them! I'm in LOVE! I whipped this up right before work so I could wear it for my long shift, and I got so many compliments on it! People couldn't believe I made it. Definitely put a smile on my face! :)

Here's how to make your own.

You'll need:
  • 2 ball studs w/ loop (Jo-Ann, $1.11!)
  • Thin chain of the same color (again, grabbed myself an 18" chain from Jo-Ann for $1.11)
  • 2 jump rings (yet again, Jo-Ann, $1.11!) (yes, there are way more than 2 in the picture) (parentheses spree!)


Told ya it was cheap!

Now. Ready to whip it up in 3 steps?

1. Take your chain (unless you've bought very short chains, unlikely) and cut to the desired length. I held the chain up to my ear to decide how long I wanted it, and cut it just a tiny bit longer than what I wanted; Better to have to cut some off than to be too short & not able to add! I cut mine roughly 3.5" and 4" (like I said...roughly).



2. Attach the chains to a jump ring, and then slide the jump ring through the loop on the bottom of the stud. I only have one chain attached in the picture below.



3. Attach the other end of the chains to another jump ring, and attach that to the other earring!



All done! Now wear proudly! :)

I'm also thinking about using a little bit of the leftover chain to make another earring for my left ear (which is not pierced on the cartilage) so I can have a semi-matching one (I don't have a lot of gold jewelry to match this). Maybe two different length chains hanging from the stud, but a little shorter? Perhaps? I dunno, give it a try and add your own flair to it!

29 comments:

  1. i love these earrings but have never considered making them myself - thanks for the fabulous diy!
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice(: I can't believe that this is how you do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing :) can't wait to see more posts from you :) keep it up <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used this tutorial but changed it up a bit: i have 2 cartilage piercings next to each other so i had the two chains connected to one earing on one side and two separate earrings on the other end of the chains. works out great! thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, so did you end up using 3 studs? Sounds great! You're welcome, glad you could make it work! :)

      Delete
  5. Hey, these earrings are so rad and I totally want to make them. I went on to Joanns website and have found the chain and jump rings but cant find the studs with hoops. Did you get them online? if so could you link me to them? eeek i cant find them anywhere! Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks! :) But I didn't, I actually got them right in the store! I believe they're the same brand as the other things, if that helps at all... Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I hope you find what you need!

      Delete
    2. oh okay well I actually found them on this other site! So im gonna get them right away and make these! thanks so much for the awesome DIY :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, awesome! Glad you found them, and you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm planar by your table make up the superior production.
    White Flash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great information thanks for sharing.

    Piercing Dalby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pairs are looking gorgeous. I am a big fan of this type of traditional jewelry. I especially like the earrings of first picture, nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this tutorial! What a fabulous idea. Just had to try it immediately.

    Bead Soup Mix

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chrizette! So glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
  10. Hi, beautiful pics thanks for sharing.

    Piercings Dalby

    ReplyDelete
  11. To bad i can't wear studs, since i'm allergic to everything that is fake or silver, so i really need to buy a piercing for it but i think it works with that as well :3 still thanks for this tutorial :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you mention that, because I wore it again not long ago and it started irritating my piercing as well since it's fake! I have heard of giving cheap jewelry like this a coat of hypoallergenic acrylic spray...wonder if that would help or work with you! Anyway, you're welcome! Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  12. Wow excellent post ever seen. really its informative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For ear and cartilage piercing, avoid make-up and powders around your face and neck during the healing process coz this can cause infection. Cover the pierced part with a tissue when using hair spray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am grateful to you for this great content.I am reading your article and its very nice, useful & helpful for those guys who wanna know about the same.Piercings Dalby

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am agree with your Blog.Thanks for the useful information.I have been reading a lot of stuff about it. but the way in it is presented is nice.Here is the information about
    Tattoos Toowoomba

    ReplyDelete